1. Fees are payable termly in advance and no later than the second class of each new term. If your child turns up to class without the fee having been paid, and unless you have a prior written agreement with ELDS as regards fee payment, they will not be allowed to participate. A written reminder for fees not paid after the second class of term will incur a £5 administration charge.
2. Fees are based on a 10-13 week term as indicated on the timetable of ELDS and Mindbody.
3. Invoice and remittance notices will be provided at the end of each term for the following term. Submitted fees must be accompanied by a completed remittance advice notice. Please write students name on the back of cheques written out to Allan Mortensen. Use of Internet Banking clearly state invoice number and student name.
Sort Code 40 25 01 Account 51415182 HSBC Bank Plc.
Receipt of payment cannot be confirmed without a completed remittance advice notice. Payment by cheque will incur a £3.00 handling fee.
4. Receipts will only be provided upon request. Fees are subject to change and ELDS will notify you in advance of any increase in fees.
5. All new students are required to pay a £10.00 registration fee (one fee per family). The fees becomes payable in full after the new student has attended the first class.
6. Your child’s class attendance must be confirmed by the deadline stated on the invoice in order to secure their place for the following term.
7. Half a term’s (i.e. 6 weeks) written notice to the Principal is required for any pupil wishing to discontinue any class or leave the school. If the required notice is not received, the full payment of the pupil’s fees for the following term will be due.
8. Should any pupil wish to discontinue any class or leave the school, refunds for any unused classes will not be given.
9. Prior permission must be sought from any pupil wishing to participate in any external vocational classes, amateur or professional productions and festivals and competitions.
10. Parents who book private lessons, whether for festivals, competitions, exam coaching or otherwise, must pay in advance for these classes when they are booked. Refunds will not be given in the event of the pupil not attending pre-booked private lessons. Private lessons will be booked in writing and agreed by pupil, parents and ELDS
11. Pupils are required to attend class wearing the correct uniform as of Uniform info.
12. Please ensure that your child goes to the toilet before class and brings a bottle of water if desired into the studio.
13. ELDS do not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage to property left on the premises.
14. ELDS will work towards ISTD exams. Pupils will only be entered when they have reached the required standard decided by the teacher. Pupils taking Grade exams will be required to attend a compulsory second weekly class in the term before the exam takes place. Parents will be notified at the appropriate time. Students wishing to take exams in Grades 4 and above and pointe work, must attend two ballet technique classes weekly. This does not apply to children in other classes. ELDS has the right to withdraw any pupil from an examination at any stage.
15. Fees for ballet exams must be returned by the deadline on the form. Late fees will incur a £5.00 charge, assuming the ISTD will accept a late entry.
16. ELDS endeavour to ensure that your children are dancing in a safe and comfortable environment. We ask you to bring and collect your child promptly and provide us with written details of changes in drop off/pick up arrangements, special medical needs etc.
17. Pupils will not be allowed to leave the dance areas until they are collected. Written permission is required should you wish your child to be allowed to leave unsupervised.
18. All students must be registered for the classes they attend. Unregistered children will not be allowed to participate in the class.
19. Please ensure that ELDS receives any changes to pupil’s contact details in writing. All details will be held in strict confidentiality (Data Protection Act 1998) and will not be passed on to outside parties except to the ISTD for children doing dancing exams.
20. Parents/guardians are invited to watch classes during watch week, which is generally held at the end of each term. ELDS reserves the right to cancel watch week. Filming and photography are not allowed except by permission and with the discretion of the teacher during watch week.
21. Pupils will be asked to leave without notice for any serious breach of the school’s terms and conditions or for any other serious misconduct.
22. The school does not discriminate on background, race or religion, regularly monitors staff to maintain school teaching policies and adheres to Health and Safety procedures to ensure that each child dances in a class appropriate to their level of development..
23. From time to time it is necessary for the teachers to use physical contact when helping to improve pupils’ posture or assist in movements. This includes physical contact between students ie. holding hands.
24. I understand and give consent to use of photographs and video recordings from time to time including Chisenhale Dance Space website/ELDS website/internet for press and promotional development of the school.
25. ELDS and Chisenhale Dance Space is not registered as a body that offers childcare, therefore it is essential that a parent or carer/guardian remain on the premises while a child under 8 years is in class.
26. By enrolling my son/daughter into East London Dance School, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.